When it comes to nutrition, Triple Crown leads the industry.
Triple Crown has been providing leading-edge equine nutrition for over 20 years, using innovations such as fixed formulas and low- or no-grain inclusion feeds to lower starches and sugars. But the one thing that makes all Triple Crown feeds unique is EquiMix®.
EquiMix has been the foundation of Triple Crown super premium horse feeds since the very beginning. With a unique blend of yeast cultures, organic minerals, prebiotics, probiotics and digestive enzymes, the proven technology in EquiMix helps optimize intestinal function, improve the immune system, and protect against mycotoxins and pathogenic bacteria.
The key nutrients found in EquiMix are:
DIRECT FED MICROBIALS (Probiotics)
Guaranteed on the bag as “Lactobacillus Acidophilus” and “Enterococcus Faecium”
- THE PROBLEM: Found in the hindgut, microbial strains are constantly under stress from diet, work conditions, temperature extremes, pH levels, illness and a host of other issues.
- THE SOLUTION: Supplementing the good bacteria helps reduce the potential for excessive bad bacteria that can cause digestive upsets or intestinal inflammation and lead to colic or other problems related to digestion. Feeding probiotics continuously proves to be more effective than periodic dosing during stress periods. Recent university research and clinical evidence indicates that for a probiotic to be effective, it must be fed or dosed at a minimum of 1 billion colony-forming units (CFUs) per day.
- GOOD TO KNOW: EquiMix now contains a patented strain of Bacillus Subtilis, which helps maintain a horse’s appetite while helping to protect against Clostridia (a cause of health issues such as diarrhea) and Salmonella. Triple Crown also ensures the inclusion of our probiotics are provided at a minimum of 1 billion CFUs/day.
YEAST (Prebiotics and Probiotics)
Guaranteed on the bag as “Saccharomyces Cerevisiae”
- THE PROBLEM: Horses consume large quantities of pasture and hay to meet the majority of their energy needs. Sometimes the available options are low in quality and harder for the horse to digest.
- THE SOLUTION: Live yeast cultures and yeast metabolites help maintain a healthy microbials population in the hindgut, which is the main engine of the horse and helps regulate immunity. Specifically, live yeast aids in phosphorus absorption and fiber digestion, while yeast metabolites feed the microbes to provide a healthier, more viable population.
- GOOD TO KNOW: EquiMix now contains thermostable live yeast with 25% more live cells than before.
MANNAN OLIGOSACCHARIDE (MOS) (Prebiotics)
Guaranteed on the bag as “Yeast Culture, Hydrolized Yeast and Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate”
- THE PROBLEM: Harmful bacteria like E. coli and Salmonella can wreak havoc on a horse’s digestive system.
- THE SOLUTION: MOS attracts pathogenic bacteria and helps to reduce the risk of them attaching to the cell wall, reducing the possibility of further absorption.
- GOOD TO KNOW: EquiMix now uses an improved food-grade MOS with higher consistency and quality.
MYCOTOXIN PROTECTION (Prebiotics)
Guaranteed on the bag as “Hydrolized Yeast”
- THE PROBLEM: Mycotoxins occur when molds and fungus are stressed, typically by weather, and can cause declines in a horse’s appearance, body condition and performance.
- THE SOLUTION: The mycotoxin protectants Triple Crown uses are yeast-based, so like MOS, they attract and neutralize various forms of mycotoxins commonly found in hay.
- GOOD TO KNOW: Major feed companies test grains and ingredients to try to prevent the inclusion of mycotoxins in their feeds, but university research finds as much as 80% of hay samples have some level of contamination.
- THE PROBLEM: Fat and fat-soluble vitamins like A, D and E can be difficult for horses to digest. In addition, when overconsumed, fat-soluble vitamins are stored by the body, which can lead to toxicity.
- THE SOLUTION: Adding lysolecithin to your horse’s diet improves the emulsification of fat droplets so that digestion through the gut walls becomes more efficient. Proper digestion and absorption of fat and fat-soluble vitamins not only helps avoid toxicity, it also leads to increased energy utilization for optimal performance.
- GOOD TO KNOW: Lysolecithin, the unique bio-surfactant used in EquiMix, is more effective in aiding in digestibility than conventional lecithin sources.
SIX ORGANIC MINERALS (selenium, iron, magnesium, zinc, copper, and manganese)
- THE PROBLEM: Minerals help to metabolize nutrients, maintain connective tissue and joint tissue, aid in oxygen transport to muscle and perform as antioxidants. But not all minerals are created equally.
- THE SOLUTION: Organic minerals, like the kind used in EquiMix, offer superior bioavailability. They also improve mineral absorption without negatively interacting with other minerals.
- GOOD TO KNOW: Triple Crown’s EquiMix includes seven organic minerals added at rates for proven efficacy.
THREE MICRO MINERALS (boron, chromium and vanadium)
Guaranteed on the bag as “Kelp Meal”
- THE PROBLEM: Some horse feed companies overlook the importance of micro minerals.
- THE SOLUTION: Horses require micro minerals in extremely small amounts but are critically important for soundness and to improve protein and energy utilization.
- GOOD TO KNOW: Micro minerals are included in EquiMix and provide another source of organic materials.
Guaranteed on the bag as “Cellulose” and “Protease”
- THE PROBLEM: The small intestine is responsible for absorbing most of the fats, carbohydrates, protein and minerals from a horse’s diet, both in feed and hay/pasture. Based on how we feed horses, this part of the digestive tract can become overwhelmed with soluble carbohydrates (starch and sugar), causing gut problems and discomfort and leading to lost, undigested proteins.
- THE SOLUTION: Digestive enzymes in EquiMix help horses maximize digestion and absorption of important nutrients from hay and grain for proper nutrition and energy.
- GOOD TO KNOW: The digestive enzymes in EquiMix supplement the naturally occurring enzymes in in the horse’s gut.