Whole grain & molasses free
Low starch & sugar
Balanced vitamin & mineral fortification
Poor hay quality
About Triple Crown Safe Starch Fortified Forage
Triple Crown Safe Starch® Fortified Forage is a complete forage-based diet for mature horses, providing an alternative to grain-based diets.
- Crude Protein (min.)11.00%
- Lysine (min.)0.35%
- Methionine (min.)0.10%
- Threonine (min.)0.30%
- Tryptophan (min.)0.07%
- Leucine (min.)0.38%
- Crude Fat (min.)6.00%
- Crude Fiber (max.)28.00%
- Calcium (min.)0.60%
- Calcium (max.)1.00%
- Phosphorus (min.)0.40%
- Magnesium (min.)0.50%
- Potassium (min.)2.00%
- Selenium (min.)0.30 ppm
- Zinc (min.)120 ppm
- Manganese (min.)120 ppm
- Copper (min.)35 ppm
- Iron (min.)180 ppm
- Vitamin A (min.)4,000 IU/lb.
- Vitamin D min.)750 IU/lb.
- Vitamin E (min.)110 IU/lb.
- Ascorbic Acid (min.)30 mg/lb.
- Biotin (min.)0.15 mg/lb
- Total Direct Fed Microbials (min.)1.89 billion CFU/lb.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product (min.)454 million CFU/lb.
- Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product (min.)454 million CFU/lb.
- Bacillus Subtilis Dried Fermentation Product (min.)80 million CFU/lb.
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Yeast Culture (min.)908 million CFU/lb.
- Cellulase¹ (Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract) (min.)0.34 million CU/lb.
- Protease² (Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract) (min.)715 HUT/lb.
(Free from Restricted Ruminant Protein Products per Title 21, CFR 589.2000/2001)
Orchard Grass Hay, Timothy Grass Hay, Soybean Oil, Wheat Middlings, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Rice Bran, Glycerin, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Monocalcium-Dicalcium Phosphate, Monosodium Phosphate, Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Sesquicarbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Butyric acid, Peppermint Oil, Zinc Oxide, Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate, Manganous Sulfate, Magnesium Proteinate, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Cobalt Sulfate, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Selenium Yeast, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Choline Chloride, d-Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Beta Carotene, Calcium Lignin Sulfonate, Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dried Yeast Fermentation Solubles, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Fermentation Solubles, Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, L-Lysine, DL-Methionine, L-Threonine, L-Leucine, Kelp Meal, Lecithin, Fenugreek Seed, Flaxseed, Anise Seed.
TO SUPPLEMENT HAY/PASTURE
|1,000 lb. horse||4 - 6 lb. per day|
TO REPLACE FEED/GRAIN
|1,000 lb. horse||8 lb. per day|
TO USE AS A COMPLETE DIET
|1,000 lb. horse||10 - 20 lb. per day|
Product can be mixed with water to aid in hydration. Product may be mixed with the grain portion of the diet to slow rate of intake.
When feeding as a replacement to feed/grain, should be fed in combination with a minimum of 1% of body weight in hay/pasture.
Provide salt and plenty of fresh, clean water at all times. Keep product fresh in cool, dry storage. Examine product daily. DO NOT use if old, moldy or contaminated with insects.
Learn About Safe Starch® Fortified Forage
From a Triple Crown Expert
Submit your review
Even though I don't have a horse with metabolic concerns, I love using this product when I travel for competitions. The horses don't waste any of it, and it's so easy to stack and move. And I can put it in the truck bed without worrying about it getting rained on while driving there!
This forage is such a game-changer. Using it for two PSSM horses, a few of the "chunkier" ponies and a super picky eater! Fantastic to mix with grain and water for a nice warm mash and to increase chewing during meals, but also great on the road or as a sole forage source!
My 16 year old Lipizzan gelding was diagnosed with PPID and EMS. It has been a frustrating and emotional roller coaster ride trying to get both conditions under control, made more complicated by laminitis with rotation in both his front feet. Switching him over to a diet comprised exclusively of Safe Starch has changed everything -- It provides him the forage and nutrition he needs without any guess work. I no longer have to coordinate soaking hay and balancing what nutrients are lost in the process. It saves me time, keeps his gut healthy, and he likes it a whole lot too.
My aging mare loves this forage and has never looked better. I talked with the manager at my feed store to keep this in stock. It has been a game changer and I don’t want to run out.
This forage is one of the best-kept secrets! We raise Shetland ponies and Miniature horses who can be more prone to laminitis/founder. We have used it on several, and saw fantastic results. It was recommended to us by our farrier. We have passed this great product info along to others in the same business so that they could have the relief of knowing that their ponies/horses are eating something that was helping improve their condition. We continue to use this product and hope to encourage our vet offices to recommend this product.
1. One cellulase unit (CU) is defined as the amount of activity that will produce a relative fluidity change of 1 (determined with a calibrated viscometer) in 5 minutes in a defined carboxymethylcellulose substrate at pH 4.5 and 40°C.
2. One hemoglobin unit (HUT) of proteolytic (protease) activity is defined as that amount of enzyme that produces, in one minute under the specified conditions, a hydrolysate whose absorbance at 275nm is the same as that of a solution containing 1.10g per mL of tyrosine in 0.006N hydrochloric acid.
3. All Triple Crown feeds have fixed ingredient formulas. Values reflect an estimated analysis of multiple feed samples from across the U.S. with the understanding that geographic differences can impact the results. Estimated values determined by Equi-Analytical, Ithaca, NY.