Whole grain, alfalfa & molasses free
Low starch & sugar
About Triple Crown Low Starch
Triple Crown Low Starch contains no whole grains, molasses or alfalfa meal, ingredients many horse owners associate with hyperactivity and allergies. With fewer carbohydrates than most hay and pasture, this feed provides additional calories for performance horses and horses with elevated levels of metabolism. By utilizing high quality fiber sources and added fat, including rice bran and flaxseed, essential calories are provided while keeping sugar and starch levels low.
- Crude Protein (min.)13.00%
- Lysine (min.)0.75%
- Methionine (min.)0.25%
- Threonine (min.)0.79%
- Tryptophan (min.)0.15%
- Leucine (min.)0.90%
- Crude Fat (min.)6.00%
- Crude Fiber (max.)18.00%
- ADF (max.)22.00%
- NDF (max.)44.00%
- Calcium (min.)0.75%
- Calcium (max.)1.25%
- Phosphorus (min.)0.60%
- Magnesium (min.)0.50%
- Potassium (min.)0.75%
- Sodium (min.)0.50%
- Sodium (max.)1.00%
- Salt (min.)0.75%
- Salt (max.)1.50%
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min.)0.60%
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min.)2.90%
- Selenium (min.)0.60 ppm
- Selenium (max.)1.60 ppm
- Zinc (min.)220 ppm
- Manganese (min.)100 ppm
- Cobalt (min.)0.20 ppm
- Copper (min.)50 ppm
- Iron (min.)100 ppm
- Vitamin A (min.)6,000 IU/lb
- Vitamin D min.)1,200 IU/lb
- Vitamin E (min.)205 IU/lb
- Riboflavin-B2 (min.)3.20 mg/lb
- Thiamin-B1 (min.)8.00 mg/lb
- Ascorbic Acid (min.)55 mg/lb
- Biotin (min.)0.25 mg/lb
- Total Direct Fed Microbials (min.)3.64 billion CFU/lb
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product (min.)908 million CFU/lb
- Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product (min.)908 million CFU/lb
- Bacillus Subtilis Dried Fermentation Product (min.)25 million CFU/lb
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Yeast Culture (min.)1.80 billion CFU/lb
- Cellulase¹ (Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract) (min.)0.68 million CFU/lb
- Protease² (Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract) (min.)1,430 HUT/lb
(Free from Restricted Ruminant Protein Products per Title 21, CFR 589.2000/2001)
Wheat Middlings, Soybean Hulls, Ground Beet Pulp, Distillers Dried Grains, Soybean Oil, Ground Flaxseed, Stabilized Rice Bran, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Yeast Extract, Yeast Culture, Calcium Silicate, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Zinc Hydroxy Chloride, Manganese Hydroxy Chloride, Copper Hydroxy Chloride, Vegetable Oil, Butyric Acid, Zinc Oxide, Peppermint Essential Oil, Kelp Meal, Magnesium Oxide, Fenugreek Seed, Lecithin, Anise, Magnesium Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, L-Lysine, DL-methionine, L-Threonine, L-Leucine, Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboﬂavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulﬁte Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Folic Acid, Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate, Manganese Sulfate, Lignin Sulfonate, Brewers Dried Yeast, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Proteinate, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, (Propionic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives)).
|900 - 1,100 lb.||6 lb. per day|
|500 - 600 lb.||4 lb. per day|
If feeding less than 6 lb. to a horse (900 – 1,100) supplement with 1 lb. per day of Triple Crown Balancer or Triple Crown Balancer Gold in order to meet recommended levels of vitamins, minerals and digestive support.
Triple Crown Low Starch is a complete diet and can replace all or part of the fiber portion of your horse’s diet. If feeding as the entire ration and replacing all the hay in the diet, feed 1.0 to 2% of body weight daily. Triple Crown Low Starch can be soaked with warm water for horses with poor teeth, respiratory problems or for horses prone to choke.
Adjust the amount of Triple Crown Low Starch up or down as needed to maintain desired body condition. Do not feed more than 5 lb. at a single meal. Allow 3 to 4 hours between meals.
Provide salt and plenty of fresh, clean water at all times. Keep product fresh in cool, dry storage. Examine product daily. DO NOT use if old, moldy or contaminated with insects.
Learn About Low Starch
From a Triple Crown Expert
Submit your review
I have been feeding my mare that is both PSSM1 & HYPP for over 4 years now after she had a SEVERE attack. When she was diagnosed positive for both, I frantactly starting looking for something to feed her that wouldn't contradict each other's requirements. This feed has been a life saver!! Low potassium for the HYPP and low sugar/starch for the PSSM1.
Love the Low starch but it is so hard to get.... Great for horses with Cushings. My farrier says he can see the difference among his client's horses on Triple Crown.
I have a rather rambunctious 12 year old thoroughbred gelding. He has an EXTENSIVE amount of energy so I began to look for a feed more suitable for him. Triple Crown Low Starch was recommended to me by another boarder at my barn. I have combined this feed with a magnesium supplement and it made such a difference! He is much more calm! Everyone else in the barn has noticed a significant change also!
My horse was diagnosed at age 10 with HYPP. It's been a bit of a struggle getting him under control. Not many manufacturers have products with low enough potassium. Thank you for this product. He is predominantly on appropriate forage now, but we still need a few extra calories at times and he loves it!!! Thank you!!
My 25y/o paint randomly stopped sweating last summer and I have been battling it ever since. I have tried over the counter meds, supplements, beer, etc and nothing was working. I had never had him officially diagnosed with cushings but my vet said it could be the cause of his non sweating. So he suggested that I switch his feed to a low starch feed. I already feed my guys Triple Crown Senior (and love it), so I was excited to find that Triple Crown offers a low starch feed and that it is more affordable than other low starch feeds I had been researching. After 1 week Triple Crown Low Starch he started sweating!!!! I couldn't be happier. I honestly cried LOL I hope he keeps this up and continues to sweat. Thank you Triple Crown for a great product!
1. One cellulase unit (CU) is defined as the amount of activity that will produce a relative fluidity change of 1 (determined with a calibrated viscometer) in 5 minutes in a defined carboxymethylcellulose substrate at pH 4.5 and 40°C.
2. One hemoglobin unit (HUT) of proteolytic (protease) activity is defined as that amount of enzyme that produces, in one minute under the specified conditions, a hydrolysate whose absorbance at 275nm is the same as that of a solution containing 1.10g per mL of tyrosine in 0.006N hydrochloric acid.
3. All Triple Crown feeds have fixed ingredient formulas. Values reflect an estimated analysis of multiple feed samples from across the U.S. with the understanding that geographic differences can impact the results. Estimated values determined by Equi-Analytical, Ithaca, NY.