50 lbs (22.7 kg)
Whole grain & molasses free
Low starch & sugar
Low feeding rate
About Triple Crown Lite
Triple Crown Lite is a whole grain and molasses free pellet ideal for easy keepers — horses that maintain their weight on very little grain or on grass and hay alone. It is also for miniature horses, horses with metabolic disease and those prone to founder and laminitis, and is designed to provide supplemental minerals and vitamins without encouraging excessive weight gain.
- Crude Protein (min.)12.00%
- Lysine (min.)0.80%
- Methionine (min.)0.26%
- Threonine (min.)0.84%
- Tryptophan (min.)0.16%
- Leucine (min.)0.91%
- Crude Fat (min.)3.00%
- Crude Fiber (max.)20.00%
- ADF (max.)25.00%
- NDF (max.)44.00%
- Calcium (min.)1.75%
- Calcium (max.)2.25%
- Phosphorus (min.)1.00%
- Magnesium (min.)0.50%
- Potassium (min.)1.00%
- Sodium (min.)0.40%
- Sodium (max.)0.75%
- Salt (min.)0.75%
- Salt (max.)1.25%
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min.)0.22%
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min.)1.20%
- Selenium (min.)2.30 ppm
- Selenium (max.)2.95 ppm
- Zinc (min.)540 ppm
- Manganese (min.)380 ppm
- Cobalt (min.)2.00 ppm
- Copper (min.)140 ppm
- Iron (min.)200 ppm
- Vitamin A (min.)11,000 IU/lb.
- Vitamin D min.)2,000 IU/lb.
- Vitamin E (min.)305 IU/lb.
- Riboflavin-B2 (min.)4.60 mg/lb.
- Thiamin-B1 (min.)12.00 mg/lb.
- Ascorbic Acid (min.)80 mg/lb.
- Biotin (min.)0.40 mg/lb.
- Total Direct Fed Microbials (min.)3.64 billion CFU/lb.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product (min.)908 million CFU/lb.
- Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product (min.)908 million CFU/lb.
- Bacillus Subtilis Dried Fermentation Product (min.)25 million CFU/lb.
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Yeast Culture (min.)1.80 billion CFU/lb.
- Cellulase¹ (Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract) (min.)0.68 million CU/lb.
- Protease² (Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract) (min.)1,430 HUT/lb.
(Free from Restricted Ruminant Protein Products per Title 21, CFR 589.2000/2001)
Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Distillers Dried Grains, Ground Flaxseed, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Yeast Extract, Yeast Culture, Calcium Silicate, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Zinc Hydroxy Chloride, Manganese Hydroxy Chloride, Copper Hydroxy Chloride, Vegetable Oil, Butyric Acid, Zinc Oxide, Peppermint Essential Oil, Kelp Meal, Magnesium Oxide, Fenugreek Seed, Lecithin, Anise, Magnesium Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, L-Lysine, DL-methionine, L-Threonine, L-Leucine, Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboﬂavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Soybean Oil, Choline Chloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulﬁte Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Folic Acid, Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate, Manganese Sulfate, Lignin Sulfonate, Brewers Dried Yeast, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Proteinate, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, (Propionic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives)).
|900 - 1,100 lb.||2 - 4 lb. per day|
PONIES AND MINIS
|500 - 600 lb.||1 lb. per day|
Assuming a horse is consuming a minimum of 1.5 to 2% of its body weight in hay or pasture.
Adjust feeding rate to maintain optimum body condition.
CAUTION: In order to avoid excessive mineral and vitamin intake, DO NOT feed more than 5 lb. of Triple Crown Lite per day. Chronic intake of excess minerals and/or vitamins can adversely affect the health of your horse.
Provide salt and plenty of fresh, clean water at all times. Keep product fresh in cool, dry storage. Examine product daily. DO NOT use if old, moldy or contaminated with insects.
Learn About Lite
From a Triple Crown Expert
Submit your review
TC Lite helped my horse from getting too chunky, she is a Gypsy cross and doesn’t need much! She actually couldn’t get the full amount designed for her body so switched her to the balancer, but this is a great feed for those easy keepers!
My 2 boys love the Triple Lite!! They have kept an awesome weight!
Informative and friendly. Knowledgeable.
I use Triple Crown Lite for both of my easy keepers and they love it! It’s perfect for mixing their supplements with. I even use it as a food reward with my positive reinforcement training. It’s the best low NSC feed I’ve found.
My easy keeper is thriving! I love that he can eat the recommended amount and I know he is getting all the nutrients he needs!
- Starch & ESC9.5%
- Estimated NSC10.1%
- Pounds per dry U.S. quart1.42
Omega Levels Per Lb.
- Omega-3 g/lb.0.32
- Omega-6 g/lb.5.45
1. One cellulase unit (CU) is defined as the amount of activity that will produce a relative fluidity change of 1 (determined with a calibrated viscometer) in 5 minutes in a defined carboxymethylcellulose substrate at pH 4.5 and 40°C.
2. One hemoglobin unit (HUT) of proteolytic (protease) activity is defined as that amount of enzyme that produces, in one minute under the specified conditions, a hydrolysate whose absorbance at 275nm is the same as that of a solution containing 1.10g per mL of tyrosine in 0.006N hydrochloric acid.
3. All Triple Crown feeds have fixed ingredient formulas. Values reflect an estimated analysis of multiple feed samples from across the U.S. with the understanding that geographic differences can impact the results. Estimated values determined by Equi-Analytical, Ithaca, NY.