Active, older horses
Whole grain free
Whey protein/amino acid balance
Strong top line
About Triple Crown Senior Gold
Developed for active, older horses, Triple Crown Senior Gold features a beet pulp-based formula with higher fat, an expanded amino acid profile and gastric buffering, which is ideal for performance horses and those under stress. This feed can be mixed with water to form a mash for horses that have difficulty chewing and swallowing.
- Crude Protein (min.)14.50%
- Lysine (min.)0.90%
- Methionine (min.)0.25%
- Threonine (min.)0.70%
- Tryptophan (min.)0.20%
- Leucine (min.)1.00%
- Crude Fat (min.)12.50%
- Crude Fiber (max.)18.00%
- ADF (max.)22.00%
- NDF (max.)37.00%
- Calcium (min.)0.90%
- Calcium (max.)1.40%
- Phosphorus (min.)0.55%
- Magnesium (min.)0.40%
- Potassium (min.)1.00%
- Sodium (min.)0.50%
- Sodium (max.)1.00%
- Chloride (min.)0.50%
- Salt (min.)0.40%
- Salt (max.)0.90%
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min.)1.10%
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min.)5.00%
- Selenium (min.)0.60 ppm
- Selenium (max.)1.00 ppm
- Zinc (min.)260 ppm
- Manganese (min.)140 ppm
- Cobalt (min.)0.45 ppm
- Copper (min.)70 ppm
- Iron (min.)175 ppm
- Vitamin A (min.)6,000 IU/lb.
- Vitamin D min.)1,000 IU/lb.
- Vitamin E (min.)200 IU/lb.
- Riboflavin-B2 (min.)3.20 mg/lb.
- Thiamin-B1 (min.)8.00 mg/lb.
- Ascorbic Acid (min.)50 mg/lb.
- Biotin (min.)0.25 mg/lb.
- Total Direct Fed Microbials (min.)3.63 billion CFU/lb.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product (min.)920 million CFU/lb.
- Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product (min.)920 million CFU/lb.
- Bacillus Subtilis Dried Fermentation Product (min.)27 million CFU/lb.
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Yeast Culture (min.)1.77 billion CFU/lb.
- Cellulase¹ (Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract) (min.)0.69 million CU/lb.
- Protease² (Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract) (min.)1,389 HUT/lb.
(Free from Restricted Ruminant Protein Products per Title 21, CFR 589.2000/2001)
Shredded Beet Pulp, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Wheat Middlings, Soybean Hulls, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Distillers Dried Grains, Ground Flaxseed, Stabilized Rice Bran, Dried Whey, Cane Molasses, Soybean Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Calcite, Calcium Carbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Yeast Culture, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Zinc Hydroxy Chloride, Manganese Hydroxy Chloride, Copper Hydroxy Chloride, Vegetable Oil, Butyric Acid, Zinc Oxide, Peppermint Essential Oil, Kelp Meal, Lecithin, Magnesium Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, L-Lysine, DL-methionine, L-Threonine, L-Leucine, Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate, Fenugreek Seed, Anise, Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboﬂavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulﬁte Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Folic Acid, Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate, Brewers Dried Yeast, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Proteinate, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide,(Propionic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives)).
IF YOUR HORSE CAN EAT HAY
|500 - 600 lb. pony||4 lb. per day|
|1,000 - 1,100 lb. horse||6 lb. per day|
IF YOUR HORSE CANNOT EAT HAY
|500 - 600 lb. pony||7 lb. per day|
|1,000 - 1,100 lb. horse||12 lb. per day|
If feeding less than 6 lb. per day (per 1,000 lb. of body weight) in combination with hay, supplement with 1 lb. per day of Triple Crown Balancer or Triple Crown Balancer Gold in order to meet recommended levels of vitamins, minerals and digestive support.
If your horse cannot eat hay, be sure to feed 1 to 2% of body weight daily.
Adjust the amount of Triple Crown Senior up or down as needed after 2 to 4 weeks to maintain desired body condition. Do not feed more than 5 lb. at a single meal (3 lb. for ponies). Allow 3 to 4 hours between meals.
Provide salt and plenty of fresh, clean water at all times. Keep product fresh in cool, dry storage. Examine product daily. DO NOT use if old, moldy or contaminated with insects.
Submit your review
I first started with the Sr. Gold because my 26 yr old horse had little to no teeth left. He immediately loved the taste and always cleans his feeder. He has put on weight and his coat is shiny. I then decided to put my 20 yr old horse on it, (who has no health issues) and the same has happened for him. Lastly, I put my 9 yr old on it because of the beet pulp base, grain free and added gastric benefits. All 3 horses are thriving. I am so glad this Sr. feed is being made and have complete confidence my horses are getting the nutrition they individually need.
My old gelding is the pickiest eater so I was nervous about switching his feeds, but the gold line had too many extra benefits that I couldn't pass it up. When I introduced this grain for the first time, he ate all of it before his old grain that he loved. He loves the taste, and I love all the benefits of this grain! He also is a hard keeper and he looks great on this product with no additional supplements! I am in love with the Gold line of feeds!
I have my daughter's horse in from Atlanta and he came in on Triple Crown Sr Gold. I was amazed at how good he looks. I have switched my personal horses over to Triple Crown Sr Gold and they love it. I actually can feed less feed. This feed is great. My one mare needed a little weight when she came to me and this feed did the job without having to pour the feed to her. I am amazed.
This stuff is amazing. I have several older horses that I switched to this feed when it became available to me and all have done amazing on it. The best though is a 26 year old mare that I’ve been fighting forever to put any kind of weight on her and this is what did the trick. She’s even only on just 9 lbs a day now. She use to be on 15 lbs a day between alfalfa cubes and another senior feed. I’ve been able to cut out alfalfa all together which is great for where I live. It’s hot and humid here all year long so that really didn’t help her overheating problems. She has gained about 75-100lbs in 2 months. I couldn’t be happier!
1. One cellulase unit (CU) is defined as the amount of activity that will produce a relative fluidity change of 1 (determined with a calibrated viscometer) in 5 minutes in a defined carboxymethylcellulose substrate at pH 4.5 and 40°C.
2. One hemoglobin unit (HUT) of proteolytic (protease) activity is defined as that amount of enzyme that produces, in one minute under the specified conditions, a hydrolysate whose absorbance at 275nm is the same as that of a solution containing 1.10g per mL of tyrosine in 0.006N hydrochloric acid.
3. All Triple Crown feeds have fixed ingredient formulas. Values reflect an estimated analysis of multiple feed samples from across the U.S. with the understanding that geographic differences can impact the results. Estimated values determined by Equi-Analytical, Ithaca, NY.