Active, older horses
Whole grain free
Whey protein/amino acid balance
Strong top line
About Triple Crown Senior Gold
Developed for active, older horses, Triple Crown Senior Gold features a beet pulp-based formula with higher fat, an expanded amino acid profile and gastric buffering, which is ideal for performance horses and those under stress. This feed can be mixed with water to form a mash for horses that have difficulty chewing and swallowing.
- Crude Protein (min.)14.50%
- Lysine (min.)0.90%
- Methionine (min.)0.25%
- Threonine (min.)0.70%
- Tryptophan (min.)0.20%
- Leucine (min.)1.00%
- Crude Fat (min.)12.50%
- Crude Fiber (max.)18.00%
- ADF (max.)22.00%
- NDF (max.)37.00%
- Calcium (min.)0.90%
- Calcium (max.)1.40%
- Phosphorus (min.)0.55%
- Magnesium (min.)0.40%
- Potassium (min.)1.00%
- Sodium (min.)0.50%
- Sodium (max.)1.00%
- Chloride (min.)0.50%
- Salt (min.)0.40%
- Salt (max.)0.90%
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min.)1.10%
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min.)5.00%
- Selenium (min.)0.60 ppm
- Selenium (max.)1.00 ppm
- Zinc (min.)260 ppm
- Manganese (min.)140 ppm
- Cobalt (min.)0.45 ppm
- Copper (min.)70 ppm
- Iron (min.)175 ppm
- Vitamin A (min.)6,000 IU/lb.
- Vitamin D min.)1,000 IU/lb.
- Vitamin E (min.)200 IU/lb.
- Riboflavin-B2 (min.)3.20 mg/lb.
- Thiamin-B1 (min.)8.00 mg/lb.
- Ascorbic Acid (min.)50 mg/lb.
- Biotin (min.)0.25 mg/lb.
- Total Direct Fed Microbials (min.)3.63 billion CFU/lb.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product (min.)920 million CFU/lb.
- Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product (min.)920 million CFU/lb.
- Bacillus Subtilis Dried Fermentation Product (min.)27 million CFU/lb.
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Yeast Culture (min.)1.77 billion CFU/lb.
- Cellulase¹ (Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract) (min.)0.69 million CU/lb.
- Protease² (Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract) (min.)1,389 HUT/lb.
(Free from Restricted Ruminant Protein Products per Title 21, CFR 589.2000/2001)
Shredded Beet Pulp, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Wheat Middlings, Soybean Hulls, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Distillers Dried Grains, Ground Flaxseed, Stabilized Rice Bran, Dried Whey, Cane Molasses, Soybean Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Calcite, Calcium Carbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Yeast Culture, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Zinc Hydroxy Chloride, Manganese Hydroxy Chloride, Copper Hydroxy Chloride, Vegetable Oil, Butyric Acid, Zinc Oxide, Peppermint Essential Oil, Kelp Meal, Lecithin, Magnesium Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, L-Lysine, DL-methionine, L-Threonine, L-Leucine, Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate, Fenugreek Seed, Anise, Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboﬂavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulﬁte Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Folic Acid, Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate, Brewers Dried Yeast, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Proteinate, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide,(Propionic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives)).
IF YOUR HORSE CAN EAT HAY
|500 - 600 lb. pony||4 lb. per day|
|1,000 - 1,100 lb. horse||6 lb. per day|
IF YOUR HORSE CANNOT EAT HAY
|500 - 600 lb. pony||7 lb. per day|
|1,000 - 1,100 lb. horse||12 lb. per day|
If feeding less than 6 lb. per day (per 1,000 lb. of body weight) in combination with hay, supplement with 1 lb. per day of Triple Crown Balancer or Triple Crown Balancer Gold in order to meet recommended levels of vitamins, minerals and digestive support.
If your horse cannot eat hay, be sure to feed 1 to 2% of body weight daily.
Adjust the amount of Triple Crown Senior up or down as needed after 2 to 4 weeks to maintain desired body condition. Do not feed more than 5 lb. at a single meal (3 lb. for ponies). Allow 3 to 4 hours between meals.
Provide salt and plenty of fresh, clean water at all times. Keep product fresh in cool, dry storage. Examine product daily. DO NOT use if old, moldy or contaminated with insects.
Learn About Triple Crown Senior Gold
From a Triple Crown Expert
Submit your review
My old gelding is the pickiest eater so I was nervous about switching his feeds, but the gold line had so many extra benefits that I couldn't pass it up. When I introduced this grain for the first time, he ate all of it before his old grain that he loved. Then as I added more to switch him over, he would leave his old grain behind and this would be gone. He loves the taste, and I love all the benefits of this grain! He also is a hard keeper and he looks great on this grain with no additional supplements! I am in love with the Gold line of feeds!
I l love your feed, i just wish it had a better omega 3 to 6 ratio. Its got way more 6 than 3 and it should be the other way around for the best inflamitory response.
I love this feed for my senior mare, she is always really excited for her bucket and cleans up all her food every day! Not only is it maintaining her weight but also keeping her coat in amazing condition in the summer and winter months!
TC Senior Gold made a huge difference when it comes to feeding my OTTB geldings. They looked good on their last feed, but they were having some undesirable side effects from one of the ingredients or the higher NSC. We switched to Senior Gold and WOW! They looked good before but they looked GREAT on Senior Gold. Their coats weren't just glossy they sparkled. Their weird skin side effects cleared right up. Their weight held very well, in fact, they started to get a little too plump and I was very happy to be able to cut down their overall concentration intake a bit while maintaining great condition. Overall, this will always be my choice for horses in need of more than a ration balancer.
I have been using triple crown products for years and I have recently began using the gold line of products as well. I love using these products on not only older senior horses but my performance horses as it keeps the weight on them and gives them the energy they need to be at the top. With this quality feed and the electrolytes included, it keeps me from having to add more supplements than needed to their feed! Keep up the great work on your products, Triple Crown. I thank you for keeping my horses at their healthiest!
1. One cellulase unit (CU) is defined as the amount of activity that will produce a relative fluidity change of 1 (determined with a calibrated viscometer) in 5 minutes in a defined carboxymethylcellulose substrate at pH 4.5 and 40°C.
2. One hemoglobin unit (HUT) of proteolytic (protease) activity is defined as that amount of enzyme that produces, in one minute under the specified conditions, a hydrolysate whose absorbance at 275nm is the same as that of a solution containing 1.10g per mL of tyrosine in 0.006N hydrochloric acid.
3. All Triple Crown feeds have fixed ingredient formulas. Values reflect an estimated analysis of multiple feed samples from across the U.S. with the understanding that geographic differences can impact the results. Estimated values determined by Equi-Analytical, Ithaca, NY.