Whole grain free
High fat & fiber
Low starch & sugar
About Triple Crown Senior
Triple Crown Senior features a beet pulp-based formula with a higher nutrient and fat content to provide the digestive assistance and calories older horses require to maintain good body condition. It is ideal for horses of any age needing additional fiber and lower starch and sugar levels. This feed can be mixed with water to form a mash for horses that have difficulty chewing and swallowing and has enough bulk fiber to be used as a sole ration for horses unable to eat hay or pasture.
- Crude Protein (min.)14.00%
- Lysine (min.)0.80%
- Methionine (min.)0.22%
- Threonine (min.)0.66%
- Tryptophan (min.)0.18%
- Leucine (min.)0.96%
- Crude Fat (min.)10.00%
- Crude Fiber (max.)17.00%
- ADF (max.)21.00%
- NDF (max.)36.00%
- Calcium (min.)0.90%
- Calcium (max.)1.40%
- Phosphorus (min.)0.60%
- Magnesium (min.)0.37%
- Potassium (min.)1.20%
- Sodium (min.)0.40%
- Sodium (max.)0.75%
- Salt (min.)0.25%
- Salt (max.)0.50%
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min.)0.60%
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min.)3.50%
- Selenium (min.)0.50 ppm
- Selenium (max.)1.00 ppm
- Zinc (min.)200 ppm
- Manganese (min.)100 ppm
- Cobalt (min.)0.40 ppm
- Copper (min.)50 ppm
- Iron (min.)175 ppm
- Vitamin A (min.)6,000 IU/lb.
- Vitamin D min.)1,000 IU/lb.
- Vitamin E (min.)175 IU/lb.
- Riboflavin-B2 (min.)2.50 mg/lb.
- Thiamin-B1 (min.)7.00 mg/lb.
- Ascorbic Acid (min.)45 mg/lb.
- Biotin (min.)0.20 mg/lb.
- Total Direct Fed Microbials (min.)2.33 billion CFU/lb.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product (min.)590 million CFU/lb.
- Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product (min.)590 million CFU/lb.
- Bacillus Subtilis Dried Fermentation Product (min.)22 million CFU/lb.
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Yeast Culture (min.)1.13 billion CFU/lb.
- Cellulase¹ (Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract) (min.)0.44 million CU/lb.
- Protease² (Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract) (min.)927 HUT/lb.
(Free from Restricted Ruminant Protein Products per Title 21, CFR 589.2000/2001)
Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Wheat Middlings, Shredded Beet Pulp, Soybean Hulls, Cane Molasses, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Soybean Oil, Distillers Dried Grains, Ground Flaxseed, Stabilized Rice Bran, Calcium Carbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Yeast Extract, Yeast Culture, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Zinc Hydroxy Chloride, Manganese Hydroxy Chloride, Copper Hydroxy Chloride, Vegetable Oil, Butyric Acid, Zinc Oxide, Peppermint Essential Oil, Kelp Meal, Lecithin, Magnesium Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, L-Lysine, DL-methionine, L-Threonine, L-Leucine, Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate, Fenugreek Seed, Anise, Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Folic Acid, Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate, Brewers Dried Yeast, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Proteinate, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, (Propionic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives)).
IF YOUR HORSE CAN EAT HAY
|500 - 600 lb. pony||4 lb. per day|
|1,000 - 1,100 lb. horse||6 lb. per day|
IF YOUR HORSE CANNOT EAT HAY
|500 - 600 lb. pony||7 lb. per day|
|1,000 - 1,100 lb. horse||12 lb. per day|
Water should be added the rate of approximately 1 cup of water per 2 – 3 lb. of Triple Crown Senior 10 to 15 minutes prior to feeding. The amount of water added can be adjusted to meet the desires of the individual horse or pony.
If feeding less than 6 lb. per day (per 1,000 lb. of body weight) in combination with hay, supplement with 1 lb. per day of Triple Crown Balancer or Triple Crown Balancer Gold in order to meet recommended levels of vitamins, minerals and digestive support.
If your horse cannot eat hay, be sure to feed 1 to 2% of body weight daily.
Adjust the amount of Triple Crown Senior up or down as needed after 2 to 4 weeks to maintain desired body condition. Do not feed more than 5 lb. at a single meal (3 lb. for ponies). Allow 3 to 4 hours between meals.
Provide salt and plenty of fresh, clean water at all times. Keep product fresh in cool, dry storage. Examine product daily. DO NOT use if old, moldy or contaminated with insects.
Learn about Senior
From a Triple Crown expert
Submit your review
As a director for a nonprofit we turned to Triple Crown Senior feed for every horse that comes in to our care. We are going on 16 years using TC Senior . Senior has really pulled some horses away from near death. I cant thank Triple Crown enough !!
My mother who is a horse trainer in Florida has been using Triple Crown Senior and other products for several years now with amazing results for all her horses and client horses, including many hard keeping thoroughbreds. When I got my horse just 2 months ago, the barn I was at had her on a high NSC grain that was making her hot and borderline dangerous. Making the switch to TC Senior was a no brainer and since she has put on muscle, filled out her top line a bit and put on weight while being a lot less hot! Wish I could include a picture in this review because she looks absolutely incredible. I would give 10 stars if I could. Triple Crown is the only feed that really considers the importance of NSC levels and protein. Thank you for everything Triple Crown!
I am a huge fan of this feed. I have a 20 year old performance horse who wouldn’t put on weight despite having adequate forage and was on a good feed. He also had ulcers. Ever since I put him on the Triple Crown Senior he has gained 50 pounds in 2 months and is ulcer free!
I switched over to feeding TC Senior last fall (October 2020) and my horses look fabulous now! They are holding at a healthy weight, have shiny coats and healthy hoof growth. I can really tell how much of a difference it has made! I will continue to feed TC to all of my horses in the future.
… I always go back to feeding TC senior as it’s always placed weight on my barrel horses and kept them mentally quiet at the same time. They still run hard and are performing well.
1. One cellulase unit (CU) is defined as the amount of activity that will produce a relative fluidity change of 1 (determined with a calibrated viscometer) in 5 minutes in a defined carboxymethylcellulose substrate at pH 4.5 and 40°C.
2. One hemoglobin unit (HUT) of proteolytic (protease) activity is defined as that amount of enzyme that produces, in one minute under the specified conditions, a hydrolysate whose absorbance at 275nm is the same as that of a solution containing 1.10g per mL of tyrosine in 0.006N hydrochloric acid.
3. All Triple Crown feeds have fixed ingredient formulas. Values reflect an estimated analysis of multiple feed samples from across the U.S. with the understanding that geographic differences can impact the results. Estimated values determined by Equi-Analytical, Ithaca, NY.