Whole grain free
High fat & fiber
Low starch & sugar
About Triple Crown Senior
Triple Crown Senior features a beet pulp-based formula with a higher nutrient and fat content to provide the digestive assistance and calories older horses require to maintain good body condition. It is ideal for horses of any age needing additional fiber and lower starch and sugar levels. This feed can be mixed with water to form a mash for horses that have difficulty chewing and swallowing and has enough bulk fiber to be used as a sole ration for horses unable to eat hay or pasture.
- Crude Protein (min.)14.00%
- Lysine (min.)0.80%
- Methionine (min.)0.22%
- Threonine (min.)0.66%
- Tryptophan (min.)0.18%
- Leucine (min.)0.96%
- Crude Fat (min.)10.00%
- Crude Fiber (max.)17.00%
- ADF (max.)21.00%
- NDF (max.)36.00%
- Calcium (min.)0.90%
- Calcium (max.)1.40%
- Phosphorus (min.)0.60%
- Magnesium (min.)0.37%
- Potassium (min.)1.20%
- Sodium (min.)0.40%
- Sodium (max.)0.75%
- Salt (min.)0.25%
- Salt (max.)0.50%
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min.)0.60%
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min.)3.50%
- Selenium (min.)0.50 ppm
- Selenium (max.)1.00 ppm
- Zinc (min.)200 ppm
- Manganese (min.)100 ppm
- Cobalt (min.)0.40 ppm
- Copper (min.)50 ppm
- Iron (min.)175 ppm
- Vitamin A (min.)6,000 IU/lb.
- Vitamin D min.)1,000 IU/lb.
- Vitamin E (min.)175 IU/lb.
- Riboflavin-B2 (min.)2.50 mg/lb.
- Thiamin-B1 (min.)7.00 mg/lb.
- Ascorbic Acid (min.)45 mg/lb.
- Biotin (min.)0.20 mg/lb.
- Total Direct Fed Microbials (min.)2.33 billion CFU/lb.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product (min.)590 million CFU/lb.
- Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product (min.)590 million CFU/lb.
- Bacillus Subtilis Dried Fermentation Product (min.)22 million CFU/lb.
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Yeast Culture (min.)1.13 billion CFU/lb.
- Cellulase¹ (Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract) (min.)0.44 million CU/lb.
- Protease² (Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract) (min.)927 HUT/lb.
(Free from Restricted Ruminant Protein Products per Title 21, CFR 589.2000/2001)
Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Wheat Middlings, Shredded Beet Pulp, Soybean Hulls, Cane Molasses, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Soybean Oil, Distillers Dried Grains, Ground Flaxseed, Stabilized Rice Bran, Calcium Carbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Yeast Extract, Yeast Culture, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Zinc Hydroxy Chloride, Manganese Hydroxy Chloride, Copper Hydroxy Chloride, Vegetable Oil, Butyric Acid, Zinc Oxide, Peppermint Essential Oil, Kelp Meal, Lecithin, Magnesium Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, L-Lysine, DL-methionine, L-Threonine, L-Leucine, Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate, Fenugreek Seed, Anise, Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Folic Acid, Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate, Brewers Dried Yeast, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Proteinate, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, (Propionic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives)).
IF YOUR HORSE CAN EAT HAY
|500- 600 lb. pony||4 lb. per day|
|1,000 - 1,100 lb. horse||6 lb. per day|
IF YOUR HORSE CANNOT EAT HAY
|500 - 600 lb. pony||7 lb. per day|
|1,000 - 1,100 lb. horse||12 lb. per day|
Water should be added the rate of approximately 1 cup of water per 2 – 3 lb. of Triple Crown Senior 10 to 15 minutes prior to feeding. The amount of water added can be adjusted to meet the desires of the individual horse or pony.
If feeding less than 6 lb. per day (per 1,000 lb. of body weight) in combination with hay, supplement with 1 lb. per day of Triple Crown Balancer or Triple Crown Balancer Gold in order to meet recommended levels of vitamins, minerals and digestive support.
If your horse cannot eat hay, be sure to feed 1 to 2% of body weight daily.
Adjust the amount of Triple Crown Senior up or down as needed after 2 to 4 weeks to maintain desired body condition. Do not feed more than 5 lb. at a single meal (3 lb. for ponies). Allow 3 to 4 hours between meals.
Provide salt and plenty of fresh, clean water at all times. Keep product fresh in cool, dry storage. Examine product daily. DO NOT use if old, moldy or contaminated with insects.
Learn about Senior
From a Triple Crown expert
Submit your review
CHRN has been refeeding horses for more than a decade. We've used several different feeds over the years but always found issues with consistency and product quality. We switched to Triple Crown earlier this year and we've discovered not just a palatable and consistent product, but a better digestibility and rate of gain. We have a 15-20% increase in rate of gain across the board in refeeds and rehab cases when feeding the same amounts of feed as previously used products. It's been safe for cushings and metabolic horses which is a huge advantage.
This is a fabulous feed. I have a 33-year-old quarter horse with very few teeth that is keeping weight on and loving every bite. He had lost weight and was having problems with other feeds. He has been enjoying Triple Crown Senior for nearly 2 years. What a difference!
Senior feed is such a great product for all stages! Some of my horses are on full senior and others just get 2 lbs with lite which makes it easy and simple in my barn.
Our Broodmares love TC Senior!! Keeps our mares looking great throughout every stage of pregnancy through nursing through weaning💯Best senior feed on the market!
I have a 32 yr old paint gelding with dental issues, my vet recommended Triple Crown Senior (4 plus yrs ago.) It’s been an absolute lifesaver, not only has he maintained his weight but looks and acts like a much younger horse. Plus he has Cushings and TC Senior along with Safe starch is safe for him, I don’t have to worry about excess sugars and starch. Giving him his meds has always been a pain but when I put in his TC Senior feed he readily takes them. My 24 yr old paint mare loves it too! I recommend Triple Crown feed to all my horse-owning friends and my clients. Thank you for helping my boy live a longer, healthier, happier life.
1. One cellulase unit (CU) is defined as the amount of activity that will produce a relative fluidity change of 1 (determined with a calibrated viscometer) in 5 minutes in a defined carboxymethylcellulose substrate at pH 4.5 and 40°C.
2. One hemoglobin unit (HUT) of proteolytic (protease) activity is defined as that amount of enzyme that produces, in one minute under the specified conditions, a hydrolysate whose absorbance at 275nm is the same as that of a solution containing 1.10g per mL of tyrosine in 0.006N hydrochloric acid.
3. All Triple Crown feeds have fixed ingredient formulas. Values reflect an estimated analysis of multiple feed samples from across the U.S. with the understanding that geographic differences can impact the results. Estimated values determined by Equi-Analytical, Ithaca, NY.