50 lbs (22.7 kg)
Whole grain free
High fat & fiber
Reduced starch & sugar
About Triple Crown Senior
Triple Crown Senior features a beet pulp-based formula with a higher nutrient and fat content to provide the digestive assistance and calories older horses require to maintain good body condition. It is ideal for horses of any age needing additional fiber and needing reduced starch and sugar levels. This feed can be mixed with water to form a mash for horses that have difficulty chewing and swallowing and has enough bulk fiber to be used as a sole ration for horses unable to eat hay or pasture.
- Crude Protein (min.)14.00%
- Lysine (min.)0.80%
- Methionine (min.)0.22%
- Threonine (min.)0.66%
- Tryptophan (min.)0.18%
- Leucine (min.)0.96%
- Crude Fat (min.)10.00%
- Crude Fiber (max.)17.00%
- ADF (max.)21.00%
- NDF (max.)36.00%
- Calcium (min.)0.90%
- Calcium (max.)1.40%
- Phosphorus (min.)0.60%
- Magnesium (min.)0.37%
- Potassium (min.)1.20%
- Sodium (min.)0.40%
- Sodium (max.)0.75%
- Salt (min.)0.25%
- Salt (max.)0.50%
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min.)0.60%
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min.)3.50%
- Selenium (min.)0.50 ppm
- Selenium (max.)1.00 ppm
- Zinc (min.)200 ppm
- Manganese (min.)100 ppm
- Cobalt (min.)0.40 ppm
- Copper (min.)50 ppm
- Iron (min.)175 ppm
- Vitamin A (min.)6,000 IU/lb.
- Vitamin D min.)1,000 IU/lb.
- Vitamin E (min.)175 IU/lb.
- Riboflavin-B2 (min.)2.50 mg/lb.
- Thiamin-B1 (min.)7.00 mg/lb.
- Ascorbic Acid (min.)45 mg/lb.
- Biotin (min.)0.20 mg/lb.
- Total Direct Fed Microbials (min.)2.33 billion CFU/lb.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product (min.)590 million CFU/lb.
- Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product (min.)590 million CFU/lb.
- Bacillus Subtilis Dried Fermentation Product (min.)22 million CFU/lb.
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Yeast Culture (min.)1.13 billion CFU/lb.
- Cellulase¹ (Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract) (min.)0.44 million CU/lb.
- Protease² (Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract) (min.)927 HUT/lb.
(Free from Restricted Ruminant Protein Products per Title 21, CFR 589.2000/2001)
Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Wheat Middlings, Shredded Beet Pulp, Soybean Hulls, Cane Molasses, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Soybean Oil, Distillers Dried Grains, Ground Flaxseed, Stabilized Rice Bran, Calcium Carbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Yeast Extract, Yeast Culture, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Zinc Hydroxy Chloride, Manganese Hydroxy Chloride, Copper Hydroxy Chloride, Vegetable Oil, Butyric Acid, Zinc Oxide, Peppermint Essential Oil, Kelp Meal, Lecithin, Magnesium Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, L-Lysine, DL-methionine, L-Threonine, L-Leucine, Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate, Fenugreek Seed, Anise, Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Folic Acid, Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate, Brewers Dried Yeast, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Proteinate, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, (Propionic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives)).
IF YOUR HORSE CAN EAT HAY
|500- 600 lb. pony||4 lb. per day|
|1,000 - 1,100 lb. horse||6 lb. per day|
IF YOUR HORSE CANNOT EAT HAY
|500 - 600 lb. pony||7 lb. per day|
|1,000 - 1,100 lb. horse||12 lb. per day|
Water should be added the rate of approximately 1 cup of water per 2 – 3 lb. of Triple Crown Senior 10 to 15 minutes prior to feeding. The amount of water added can be adjusted to meet the desires of the individual horse or pony.
If feeding less than 6 lb. per day (per 1,000 lb. of body weight) in combination with hay, supplement with 1 lb. per day of Triple Crown Balancer or Triple Crown Balancer Gold in order to meet recommended levels of vitamins, minerals and digestive support.
If your horse cannot eat hay, be sure to feed 1 to 2% of body weight daily.
Adjust the amount of Triple Crown Senior up or down as needed after 2 to 4 weeks to maintain desired body condition. Do not feed more than 5 lb. at a single meal (3 lb. for ponies). Allow 3 to 4 hours between meals.
Provide salt and plenty of fresh, clean water at all times. Keep product fresh in cool, dry storage. Examine product daily. DO NOT use if old, moldy or contaminated with insects.
Learn about Senior
From a Triple Crown expert
Submit your review
I have had great luck in using Triple Crown Senior for my old gelding as well as recommending it for my patients. It softens readily into a mash with a bit of warm water for the oldies that have poor dentition. I have not had a horse choke on this senior feed yet. Good quality, lots of nutrition.
My older horse has completely changed his BCS with this feed and other products from Triple Crown. I highly recommend it and they are backed up by my veterinarian too!
I own a 16 hand Tennessee Walking Horse. I bought him as a 2 year old and he’s now 30 . He’s my heart horse and I've done so many things with him- parades, rodeos, horse shows ,trail riding.. he’s my partner . Last winter he lost so much weight . Then I switched him to tripe crown senior . He’s like a youngster now .
Energetic and his coat is back, red with copper highlights and shining. It’s amazing feed, thank you from me and Redford ❤️we love Triple Crown senior
My husband started his gelding on Triple Crown Senior back in 2011. After almost 9 years, Ruckus looked incredible!! Ruckus's coat had a beautiful shine along with stunning liver chestnut dapples. His weight was always on point, and he was able to handle all types of work.
Unfortunately, in 2020, Ruckus succumbed to colic (feed unrelated). A year later we received my mare as a gift. It was a complete no brainer that Legacy would have Triple Crown Senior. Legacy looks just as incredible and as in shape!!
I suggest Triple Crown Senior to all my friends and family. My sister recently switched her appy gelding. I wouldn't trust any other feed with my best friend's health and wellbeing.
My rescue horse 5 months on Triple Crown Senior!
She loves her grain time and nickers. She is currently going threw a lameness diagnosis so she isn’t even up in a workout routine yet!! 😍😍
- Starch & ESC11.7%
- Estimated NSC14.7%
- Pounds per dry U.S. quart1.08
Omega Levels Per Lb.
- Omega-3 g/lb.2.72
- Omega-6 g/lb.15.89
1. One cellulase unit (CU) is defined as the amount of activity that will produce a relative fluidity change of 1 (determined with a calibrated viscometer) in 5 minutes in a defined carboxymethylcellulose substrate at pH 4.5 and 40°C.
2. One hemoglobin unit (HUT) of proteolytic (protease) activity is defined as that amount of enzyme that produces, in one minute under the specified conditions, a hydrolysate whose absorbance at 275nm is the same as that of a solution containing 1.10g per mL of tyrosine in 0.006N hydrochloric acid.
3. All Triple Crown feeds have fixed ingredient formulas. Values reflect an estimated analysis of multiple feed samples from across the U.S. with the understanding that geographic differences can impact the results. Estimated values determined by Equi-Analytical, Ithaca, NY.